I have a 5 month old baby. HOLY MACARONI. I look at him every day and see a little boy, and i miss my baby SO MUCH but i love seeing him develop EVERY SINGLE DAY. How can someone NOT want to experience this??! MOST. AMAZING. THING. EVER.
And here is just a list of “things” about my 5 month old baby. I make a list every month, to be written out in his scrapbook.
Buggy 5 months.
- Sleeps though the night — still! Some nights, goes down right away in crib, and stays all night long. Some nights, stays half the night in the crib. And some nights, goes crazy and goes to bed with mama. 😉
- Still follow the same bedtime routine. Bathtime with Daddy, using lavender J&J bathwash. Massage with lavender massage gel, and then pj’s. Book/bottle of breastmilk with mama, and then put down. STARTING to take a pacifier.
- Not sure of his weight, since we won’t see the dr. again until our 6 month appointment. But is wearing size 2 diapers. We’ve been stocking up on size 3 with sales and coupons, and will switch as soon as we finish the 1 box of Pampers/small pack of Huggies size 2’s are finished.
- LOVES LOVES LOVES Elmo & Sesame Street. If you put on “Elmo’s Song”, he IMMEDIATELY stops crying and looks to see where Elmo is. (We bought the Elmo “kisses” doll and he LOVES it. Basically his 1st toy.)
- Sits in bouncer more often and likes it. After he wakes up, around 6 or 7am, has a 6oz formula bottle, and then usually sits in bouncer and watches 1 episode of Sesame Street.
- Is not really yet reaching/grabbing at anything yet. 😦 Will hold anything you put in his hands, and try to put it in his mouth. He LOVES to hold a washcloth, and i think i see an attachment to a blanky/wash cloth developing. I don’t mind.
- Plays EVERY morning on play mat with mama. We use plush blocks, ball, monkey rattle, and Elmo to play. We practice sitting up. STARTING to get it a little — just now nearing the 5 month mark.
- Not even a week before 5 months, started to roll back to front. Tries to do it EVERY time he’s on his back now. But will get stuck on his tummy. Although when on his tummy, can roll front to back. Rolled over from back to tummy during nap and started SCREAMING, totally scaring mama 😦
- Still wearing size 3, and even some 0-3. MY TINY LITTLE GUY! Mama has been stocking up on 3-6, 6, 6-9, and 12 months with sales. Have TONS of clothes 🙂 🙂
- Still LOVES to be outside. We avoid the sun AT ALL COSTS, but stand/sit in the shade often. When super fussy and can’t be calmed, we go outside.
- Still eating about the same amount… 10-15oz of breastmilk/day, and 15-ish oz of formula, nearing a total of 30 oz/day. Using the Playtex VentAire bottles, LOVE THEM. Breastmilk bottles are given in 5 oz increments, and formula is anywhere from 4 to 6 oz, NEVER more than 6 oz at a time.
- Bought our first SIPPY CUP! Only using for play right now. Offer it during playtime, and he will hold with both hands and knows immediately to put it in his mouth and suck. (Don’t put anything in it, yet). Did offer 1 oz of formula in it once, so he knows that he can drink from it.
- Trying to copy our movements. When watching mama eat, will open his mouth, too. And is trying to clasp his hands in front of him like we do. Also, will stick out tongue if you stick out yours (most of the time, not every time).
- Went to the park for the first time on 6/27/11. It was hot out, and TOO SUNNY, but he sat in the baby swing for a minute, and also went down the different slides with Daddy. 🙂
- Enjoys movies, and will sit and watch “Toy Story” and “Cars”. Mommy tries to avoid TOO MUCH tv time, but since he won’t nap much during the day, we have downtime where we relax and just watch a movie.
- Still nursing a little each day. Nurses at night and in the middle of the night if in bed with mama, atleast 2-3 times. Still nurses for comfort. ❤
- Mama purchased the “Baby Bullet”, and is reading all about first foods. Buggy is DEFINITELY not ready, and has not been offered ANYTHING but breastmilk and formula, and will not be offered ANY FOOD including cereal, until atleast 7/28/11 (6 month birthday).
- Went to Grandpa & Grandma’s Memorial Day picnic, and behaved SO WELL, spending time in the pack n’ play for the first time since sleeping there right after birth.
- STILL TEETHING! >< Still a drooly mess, and now CHOMPING down on anything he can get in his mouth. No sign of any teeth, though.
- BARELY napping at all during the day, maybe an hour TOTAL 😦 😦
- Looking forward to month 6! So much going on! 🙂
Sorry i haven’t been doing “picture of the day” updates. Not even sure if i have readers yet… pass the word on to your blog reading friends, IF you like my blog, that is. I hope i have atleast 1 reader out there! 😉