I’ve been editing my blog here and there with lots of small things. Just trying to tweak it into what i’d like it to become one day. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to leave them here! I’d love for this to develop into an awesome blog one day, instead of just a .. mediocre one!
So, here i sit, it’s 6:30am. I’ve been up since 3am, maybe even earlier. I was startled awake by a crash coming from my closet this morning. It turns out, my cat had been locked in there and couldn’t get out. I’ve been awake ever since!
What have i been up to?
- Buggy had his 6 month well baby checkup. He’s officially 17 pounds 13 ounces, 27 1/4 inches long, and a head circumference of 44 1/2. The appointment went well.
- I’ve been pumping on a schedule of 20 minutes/every 4 hours. That makes me pumping about 5 times a day, plus (attempted) nursing about 3 times a day. The last few days i’ve pumped somewhere between 9 and 14 ounces each day.
- Solids is going great! He’s experienced (in order) watermelon, avocado, sweet potato, & banana. For the first time yesterday, i made him homemade oatmeal, and he liked it (i think!). So we mixed some oatmeal & banana for dinner, and it was a pretty good success. I also have a batch of zucchini made up in the freezer, for next week! (LOVING the Baby Bullet!)
- I found my mom’s old sewing machine. I can’t even tell you how old it is. She’s had it all my life, and i’m almost 30. I’m not sure how long before that she had it. So i set it up in my formal living room, on an adorable little stand that i had no use or room for before, and now it’s just… awesome. (will take some pictures??) It still works, and i’m determined to learn how to use it! I’d love to start with making some baby blankets, and move on to some curtains, pillowcases… and go from there!
- I haven’t been focusing on myself, my exercise, or my weight. I’ve been focusing on well… the baby!
Things are generally “ok” right now. And i’ll take an “ok” day over a bad day, well…. any day! Still trying to work out in my head some weekly “Blog posts”, and what i’d like to focus on. I’m trying to get crafty, but i’m not crafty enough to blog about it, yet. I’ve been BAKING up a storm, and that’s going well. I’ll continue brainstorming, and see what i can come up with! 😉